Tuesday, February 8, 2011

iParent Introduction

I have been involved in the virtual school movement since it's inception in the 1990's. Initially, I took internet based classes for medical transcription. Later, my husband and son worked for a company that developed computer based training methods for Information Technology (computer nerds).

My children transitioned from homeshooling into the virtual world in 2005 after I had spent a full year discussing computerized learning methods with wonderful individuals like Josh Watt, Rose Fernandez, Judy Raether, and Keith Oelrich. My children have attended iQa, Grantsburg Virtual school, Insight Schools of Wisconsin, and Wisconsin Virtual Academy.

I have six children. I am myself a student at the University of Wisconsin. (the online colleges, of course)

I am a firm supporter of technology and it's use in the educational process for children today. My goal is to make information available to other parents who just want the best education for their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment